Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Before the Mahabharatha war, Bhagavan was getting ready to approach the Kauravas as a messenger of Pandavas, to negotiate about the ownership of the kingdom. Bhagavan wanted to know the opinion of Pandavas and Draupadi one more time before he went there. First Bhagavan asked Yudhishtiira about what message he should deliver to Duryodhana, the leader of Kauravas. Yushishtiira said
" Krishna, my request is to try to somehow prevent the war and it's terrible consequences."
Then Krishna asked Bheema and he said:
"Krishna, I want to use my powerful mace and I am very eager to kill those evil Kauravas especially Duryodhana and Dushshaasana. So please challenge them to come forward for the war."
Next Krishna asked the same question to Arjuna and Arjuna replied:
"Krishna, as you know I have my powerful Gaandiivam and Paashupathhasthram ready to be used against them. But please do as you please. I trust you."
Next Krishna asked Draupadi and Draupadi said:
"Krishna, please look at my untied or loose hair. I am waiting Bhima to tie it with pride after killing Dushshaasana."
Krishna approached Nakula and asked the same question and he replied:
"Krishna, I agree with what ever decision you take after listening to my brothers and Draupadi ".
Finally Bhagavan asked the fifth Pandava, Sahadeva who was a Jnjaani and a self-realized soul. He said:
" Kriishna, You are going there as a messenger of peace. To bring peace and harmony, Krishna, please take away the mace of Bhima, take away the power of Arjuna's Gaandiivam and Paashupathaasthram, have Draupadi tie her hair now by herself and I am sorry o say this Krishna, I think you should be tied up here so that you will not be able to go there as a messenger. Krishna,you want the battle to reduce the burden of evil people on this earth and it is all your leelaas or pastimes."
Then Krishna asked Sahadeva:
"Do you think anybody can bind me or restrain me from doing what I want to do? " Saying this Bhagavaan showed his Viswaroopam to Sahadeva. Unlike Arjuna, Sahadeva remained unperturbed and with folded hands told Him:
Lord, my mind or I should say my Chidaakaasham can easily contain this Viswaroopam also. You are the Antharyaami of all animate and inanimate things. Also I have bound you with in me and will never let you escape from my mind because I am continuously experiencing your endless grace. "
Krishna was very pleased and said:
"Sahaadeva, you are indeed a Paramajnjaani. I admit defeat in front of your Bhakthi and Jnaanam. I am yours as much as you are mine. But I have to go there as a messenger."
The smiles appeared on the faces of both Bhagavan and Sahadeva were impregnated with deep meaning.
(Inspired by Brahmashri Nochurji's discourse on Bhakthiyogam)
Regards and prayers
Savitri

No comments: